Chiropractic medicine is an individualized, hands on type of patient care that specializes in neuromuscular skeletal issues. The focus is on fostering the patient’s healing through gentle and precise manual manipulation to the spine and/or extremities. The techniques used in chiropractic care allow for the return to optimal movement and function in all areas of the body. Coupling chiropractic medicine with other healing modalities such as massage therapy, acupuncture, cold laser and therapeutic taping enhances the healing process and expedites pain relief. Patients are then guided towards preventing further injury so they can pursue their personal goals.
Manipulation (Spine and Extremity - Diversified Techniques)
- Chiropractic manipulation involves a hands on evaluation of the spine and/or extremities in order to locate where restriction and tension are present. The doctor then determines where to perform a gentle and precise manipulation or adjustment to allow for the return to a fuller range of motion and relief from pain and tension.
- Flexion Distraction involves a special treatment table that allows for the leg and foot portion of the table to move in various directions. This technique allows the doctor to slowly and carefully move this portion of the table up and down, side to side and twist side to side in very controlled and repetitive motions. It typically involves a series of repetitive slow movements with no sudden or quick motions. Moving the patients legs in different planes allows for the decompression of discs, gapping of joints, and stretching of muscles in order to relieve pain.
Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy® McKenzie Therapy
- Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy(R) (MDT) also known as McKenzie Method distinguishes between a joint out of its normal resting position, a damaged-shortened soft tissue around the joint, and symptoms simply due to poor posture. We utilize an MDT assessment which will tell both the doctor and the patient which movements and positions increase their pain and make them worse, as well as which exercises and movements can decrease their symptoms and start their rehabilitative process. This is possible because musculoskeletal pain is mechanical in nature, meaning it is dependent upon movements and positions in respect to the human body. MDT strives to empower patients through education and home exercises. By understanding which movements are causing discomfort and knowing which positions and exercises alleviate pain, patients are equipped to help heal themselves and enhance recovery throughout their day.
- Rehabilitation is tailored to each patient’s specific condition and fitness level in order to help enhance and improve weak links causing neuro-musculoskeletal dysfunction, which may be the underlying cause of pain and symptoms. These weak links will be discovered through functional movement assessments then improved upon by breaking down the movement patterns and focusing on strengthening those weak links. Whether you are a weekend warrior, an avid athlete, a business person or getting up there in years, we strive to provide you with tools and exercises tailored to improve how you go about completing tasks of everyday life, pain free, and reaching your health and fitness goals.
- Therapeutic tape was developed and used to help with pain relief, assist with developing proper biomechanics and aiding the body in its natural healing process. Therapeutic tape is a stretchy, safe adhesive that allows for stability and support while still allowing full and free joint movements. It is ideal for neuro-musculoskeletal system conditions as well as for reduction of inflammation and relief of physical stresses placed on different areas of the body. The tape can be used to help support muscles, joints, tendons and ligaments so patients can continue their normal activities.